Proposals should be brief, with the project description strictly limited to six pages. Applications may be submitted at any time during the year, and they are peer-reviewed quickly, with a response within 30 to 60 days. Please describe in detail the proposed economics of the study (e.g. costs for reagents, labor, equipment, indirect costs, etc.)
Applicants should please first complete our form by following this link.
After submitting the previous form, applicants should please send the required attachments to our email. Please use PDF or DOC/DOCX file formats. Please use this email link to send the attachments below.
- Cover Letter (No page limit, within reason)
- Curriculum Vitae
- Grant Proposal (6 pages maximum, including budget)
- (Optional) Supplementary Material
Although the Foundation is interested in supporting quality projects in all research relating to HHV-6, areas of special interest include:
- HHV-6 reactivation in COVID-19
- HHV6-A and HHV-7 in Alzheimer’s Disease
- HHV-6A in infertility
- HHV-6B in liver disease
- Biopsy studies
- HHV-6 & autoimmunity
- HHV-6 latency
- HHV-6 & mitochondrial disease
- HHV-6 reactivation & fatigue
- Antiviral testing of novel compounds
- Novel assays
- CNS disease associations
- Inherited chromosomally Integrated HHV-6 (iciHHV-6)
- HHV-6 in heart disease
- HHV-6 as a trigger for malignancy
Projects that are simply extensions of ongoing research or that already have ample supporting data will not be considered.