The Dharam Ablashi Research Fund Pilot Grants were made possible by a generous grant in honor of Dharam Ablashi, co-discoverer of HHV-6, in recognition of his service to the field. The grants are intended for investigators to generate pilot data for larger grant proposals.
See this link to view 2018 grants funded by the Dharam Ablashi Pilot Grant Program.
See this link to view a list of grants funded from 2008-2017.
The next grant deadline is July 15th, 2019.
Although the Foundation is interested in supporting quality projects in all research relating to HHV-6, areas of special interest include:
- HHV6-A and HHV-7 in Alzheimer’s Disease
- HHV-6A in infertility
- HHV-6B in liver disease
- Biopsy studies by IHC and PCR
- HHV-6 & autoimmunity
- HHV-6 latency
- HHV-6 & mitochondrial disease
- HHV-6 reactivation & fatigue
- Antiviral testing of novel compounds
- Novel assays
- CNS disease associations
- Chromosomally Integrated HHV-6
- HHV-6B & acute GVHD
- HHV-6 in heart disease
- HHV-6 as a trigger for malignancy
Projects that are simply extensions of ongoing research or that already have ample supporting data will not be considered.