The Dharam Ablashi Research Fund Pilot Grants were made possible by a generous grant in honor of Dharam Ablashi, co-discoverer of HHV-6, in recognition of his service to the field. The grants are intended for investigators to generate pilot data for larger grant proposals.
See this link to view 2018-2020 grants funded by the Dharam Ablashi Pilot Grant Program.
See this link to view a list of grants funded from 2008-2017.
The next grant deadlines are March 30th, 2021 and June 30th, 2021.
Although the Foundation is interested in supporting quality projects in all research relating to HHV-6, areas of special interest include:
- HHV6-A and HHV-7 in Alzheimer’s Disease
- HHV-6A in infertility
- HHV-6B in liver disease
- Biopsy studies by IHC and PCR
- HHV-6 & autoimmunity
- HHV-6 latency
- HHV-6 & mitochondrial disease
- HHV-6 reactivation & fatigue
- Antiviral testing of novel compounds
- Novel assays
- CNS disease associations
- Chromosomally Integrated HHV-6
- HHV-6B & acute GVHD
- HHV-6 in heart disease
- HHV-6 as a trigger for malignancy
Projects that are simply extensions of ongoing research or that already have ample supporting data will not be considered.