The CDC Procedure Manual for HHV-6 & 7 (1995)
The protocol book developed by Dr. Philip Pellett while at the CDC in 1995, including virus and cell preservation, slide preparation, IFA, anti-complement assay, immunoblot assay, Southern blot, hybridization, probe labelling, etc. Download here.
Immunohistochemistry in HHV-6
- Fresh/Frozen samples
- A protocol from Dr. Irmeli Lautenschlager for performing IHC on fresh tissue samples is available for download here.
- Paraffin-embedded samples
- A protocol from Dr. Radhakrishna Sura for performing HHV-6 IHC on paraffin-embedded samples is available for download here. Also see his paper on HHV-6 and Crohn’s Disease.
- A protocol from Dr. Gerhard Krueger for performing HHV-6 & HHV-7 IHC on paraffin-embedded samples is available for download here.
Induction of HHV-6 and HHV-7 in latently infected cell lines
- A protocol from Dr. Janos Luka to induce viral replication in the inducible cell lines (stationary phase) of HHV-6 and HHV-7 latent cells is available for download here.
Protocols for high titer virus propagation
Protocol for GFP virus propogation and TCID50 for HHV-6A
Shared by Dr. Eain Murphy
- GFP virus propagation
- TCID50 for HHV6-A
- Making infectious virus from Bacmid containing viral constructs
For additional information on culturing and isolation, please review our FAQ.