The recent publication of “Presence of HHV-6A in Endometrial Epithelial Cells from Women with Primary Unexplained Infertility” in PLOS ONE led to strong scientific and media interest across the world. This coverage reminded us of how difficult it is to explain this virus to the lay public, and how little we know about how HHV-6A is transmitted.
Selected articles can be viewed below:
- Careful who you kiss: virus found in saliva associated with unexplained infertility
- Chicken pox-style virus that lurks in the womb ‘may be to blame’ for infertility
- It Turns Out Herpes Could Cause Infertility
- Saliva Virus, Infertility Linked in Women – Beware of Kissing
- Mystery virus from herpes family could explain infertility in thousands of women
- An obscure virus spread through kissing has been linked to infertility, study finds